Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CYBER - 1

The bell signaled the end of the year finally came to life. I was ecstatic to leave my desk and go out and be free… free… for at least a couple of months. Students busy chatting on the hall way as they tell each other plans on how to spend their free time. Talks about parties and travels frequented my ears, some are just happy not coming back to their tormenting teachers and bully classmates. All of us seem happy as we headed for the gates and to the horizon not knowing what lies ahead.

My life was shattered when I heard my mom tell me

“Son, you need to stay home this summer to learn chores”

I retaliated. “Mom, I can learn chores next summer. I have a lot to do. C’mon…Please..”
“Do you want to sleep on the porch? Whole summer?”

I know that my negotiating powers is no match for my mom. But, c’mon, this is summer vacation. I need to go out, meet new girls, have the adventure of my life; but then, my tyrant mom spoiled it.

I quickly went upstairs to phone my pal, Mike.

“Can I speak to Mike?”

“Who’s on the line please?”

Annie answered, his younger sister.

“It’s John”

Annie shouted. “Mikey!!!, it your boyfriend!!”

Mike hurriedly answered the phone and gave Annie the stare.

“Hey what’s up John? Hey, we have this cool party next week on the Zimmerman’s Pool. Girls from the University will be there. Remember we need to buy new pair of trunks”

“Mike, I have a bit of small problem..”

“Let me guess, you spent all your money buying your stupid RAM for your stupid computer, right?”

“Nope, I need to stay here to learn boring chores. I had a wild argument with my mom and she wins. Well, she always win. I want to go and check out the prospects, but, I’d better stay here rather being grounded for the rest of my life.”

“Wait wait wait..Don’t tell me you are not going? Try to sneak out. Just like old times”

“Nah. I better play safe. You go ahead. Look on the bright side, no competition, I’m not there. Right?”

“Whatever. Loser”
Mike hang the phone.

I went back working on my crappy computer. Just had a ton of virus and I’m finished restoring it to its former glory. Not to mention buying enough RAM to run pretty smooth applications.

And so, I boot her up, made some adjustments and BOOM, I’m online. I am not a fan of chat. Nor do I have a facebook account. I’d rather read bunch of emails, visit tech sites and surf.

Going thru my e-mail, I noticed a strange one.

SUBJECT: Chat with me
SENDER: Courtney

BODY: Hi, have some time. Please meet me online.8:30 pm.

Blood rushed thru my head. This is Courtney, the hottest girl on the planet, the one I have a huge crush, the one I like since last summer.

Relax. Breath breath breath. Easy for someone to say. I quickly checked the time:8:25 pm. Good, I told myself. Plenty of time to make adjustments and brush up on romance 101.

8:30 pm. Still no sign of Courtney. Million things rushing to my brain. Maybe she has like 1,000 chat mates and I’m the 1,000th, Maybe this was a missent email, Maybe she is not the real Courtney, Maybe Mike is just playing games with me, Maybe..

Before my mind can think of another scenario, a screen pops out.

COURTNEY: Hi John.

I replied, of course.

COURTNEY: Hi John.
John: Hey Courtney, wazzup?


Wait,wazzup? Did I just say wazzup..Oh my. What will she think of me, An Idiot that don’t know how to spell words properly? Oh wait, this is the cyberspace, no wrong spelling here.

COURTNEY: I’m good. I’ve heard the Zimmerman’s Party. Fun, Free Food and new things to see. U comin?

Oh Shit!! That stupid party Mike is telling me. Oh man, I can’t blow this opportunity. The hottest girl on the planet asking me out. Whoooooooo!!

John: how bout u? r u comin?
COURTNEY: Sure. I won’t miss that party for anything else. Wud lyk 2 c u there.
John: sure.ill b there. Count on it


Count on it?!! C’mon. I’m need to learn some chores remember.C-H-O-R-E-S!!

COURTNEY: Gud. C u at the party. Gudnight.
John:sure.u 2,goodnight


Am I dreamin? The hottest girl on the planet asking me out. Before shutting down my pc, I’ve saved a copy of our conversation, that’s how I like Courtney. Whew!

I know tomorrow I need to make a sweet attack on my mom. I need to persuade her to let me attend the Zimmerman’s party. I need to be good tomorrow. I need to win, I need to win.

0 comments:

Custom Search